Windows Vista und Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 Blocker Toolkit verfügbar
A blocking tool is available for organizations that would like to temporarily prevent installation of Service Pack updates through Windows Update. Please note that Windows Service Pack Blocker Tool Kit will not prevent the installation of the service pack from CD/DVD, or from the stand-alone download package. This simply prevents the service pack from being delivered over Windows Update. The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
- Windows Operating System Service Pack Blocker Toolkit
The tool will work without modification on any language edition of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
Windows Service Pack Blocker Tool Kit can be used with:
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 (valid until May 19th, 2009)
- Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (valid until April 28th, 2009)
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (valid for 12 months following general availability)
- Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (valid for 12 months following general availability)
This toolkit contains three components. All of them function primarily to set or clear a specific registry key that is used to detect and block download of Service Packs from Windows Update. You only need to use the component which best serves your organization’s computer management infrastructure.