Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket Add-In for Excel available for download
Microsoft has released the CTP Version of the Windows Azure™ Marketplace DataMarket Add-In for Microsoft Excel 2010 or Microsoft Office Excel 2007. The Windows Azure™ Marketplace DataMarket Add-In is now available as a free Download from the Microsoft Download Center.
Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket Add-in for Excel provides a simple experience allowing you to discover datasets published on the Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket right within Excel. Users can browse and search for a rich set of datasets from various content publishers within a tool they already use. The add-in features a full buying experience that allows users to identify interesting data and purchase directly them from within the workbook.
Download -> Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket Add-In for Excel
Visit the following Website to download the Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket Add-In:
- Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket Add-in for Excel (CTP1)
DataMarket Add-In for Excel is a free application that allows discovering and importing data from Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket into Excel…
Download -> Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket Excel Add-In Setup.zip
Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket Add-In System Requirements
- Windows 7; Windows Vista; Windows XP
- Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007 or 2010
Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket Add-In for Excel Key Benefits
- Access to premium and public domain datasets from within the Excel environment.
- Enhanced analytics and insights.
- Familiar tools and streamlined experience.
- Access to premium and public domain datasets – Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket is a one-stop-shop, for trusted premium and public domain data. DataMarket brings data, imagery and real-time services from leading commercial data providers and authoritative public data sources. The Excel add-in for DataMarket provides access to these trusted datasets from within the Excel 2010 environment making it very convenient to access, integrate and analyze data for various business applications.
- Enhanced analytics and insights – Microsoft Excel provides great capabilities to import enterprise data and perform analysis. However, in the past it has been a challenge to easily import premium commercial data into Excel. Commercial data is normally available in a variety of formats and is provided by a multitude of different data providers. The Excel add-in for DataMarket enables customers to connect to DataMarket and instantly download premium datasets, as per their business requirements.
Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket Add-In Instructions
- DataMarket Add-In for Excel is available as a ZIP archive. To run the setup extract the ZIP archive and execute the setup.exe. This will ensure that all prerequisites and required components are being installed. The installer is targeted to run on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.
- DataMarket Add-In for Excel depends on components of the Sync Framework 4.0 and Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office which are included in the setup. Installing DataMarket Add-In for Excel along with these dependent components requires the use of an account with Administrator privileges on the target machine.
- The DataMarket Add-In for Excel application will stop working if any of the dependent components are uninstalled, which can be fixed by re-running the full install package on the target machine.
- If uninstalling DataMarket Add-In for Excel, the same user account must be used which was used for installation.