Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 Update 1 is now Available
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2010 Update 1 is now available as a free Download from the Microsoft Download Center.
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2010 Update 1 is the newest version of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, a Solution Accelerator for operating system and application deployment. MDT 2010 Update 1 supports deployment of Windows 7, Office 2010, and Windows Server 2008 R2 in addition to deployment of Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP.
Visit the following Microsoft Website to download the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 Update 1:
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2010 Update 1
Deploy Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 and Microsoft Office products.
x86 Version -> MicrosoftDeploymentToolkit2010_x86.msi
x64 Version -> MicrosoftDeploymentToolkit2010_x64.msi
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 Update 1 Overview
Deploy Windows 7, Office 2010, and Windows Server 2008 R2 with the newly released Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 Update 1. MDT is the recommended process and toolset for automating desktop and server deployment. MDT provides you with the following benefits:
- Unified tools and processes, including a set of guidance, for deploying desktops and servers in a common deployment console.
- Reduced deployment time and standardized desktop and server images, along with improved security and ongoing configuration management.
- Fully automated Zero Touch Installation deployments by utilizing System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 and Windows deployment tools. For those without a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 infrastructure, MDT uses Windows deployment tools for Lite Touch Installation deployments.
Some of the key changes in MDT 2010 Update 1 are:
- Comprehensive tools and guidance to efficiently manage large-scale deployments of Microsoft Office 2010.
- A new User-Driven Installation (UDI) deployment method that utilizes System Center Configuration Manager. UDI lets end users initiate and customize an OS deployment on their PCs—via an easy-to-use wizard.
- Automatically detects the true supported platforms for drivers, reducing deployment issues.
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 Update 1 Release Notes
Welcome to the release notes for Microsoft® Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2010 Update 1. Read these Release Notes thoroughly before you install MDT 2010 Update 1: They contain information that you need to successfully install MDT 2010 Update 1 that may not be covered in the MDT help documentation.
MDT 2010 Update 1 provides new capabilities, such as:
- Support for Microsoft Office 2010.
- A new User-driven Installation (UDI) deployment method (formerly known as “Modena”) for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007. UDI gives information technology (IT) staff control over the deployment experience while empowering users to interact with and customize their operating system deployment through an easy-to-use wizard.
- Support for the Prestaged Media feature in System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3 beta.
- Improvements to the Deployment Workbench driver import process, detecting each driver’s true supported platforms.
- Many bug fixes and other small improvements.
This release supports the deployment of the Windows® 7; Windows Vista®; Windows XP; Windows Server® 2008 R2; Windows Server 2008; and Windows Server 2003 operating systems. See the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Documentation Library, which is included with MDT 2010 Update 1, for the complete documentation for this release.