Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 is now Available
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2010 is now available as a free Download from the Microsoft Download Center.
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 is the newest version of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, a Solution Accelerator for operating system and application deployment. Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 supports deployment of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 in addition to deployment of Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP.
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2010
Deploy Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 with the newly released Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010.
Download -> MicrosoftDeploymentToolkit2010_x64.msi
Download -> MicrosoftDeploymentToolkit2010_x86.msi
Download -> Optional – MDT 2010 Print-Ready Documentation.zip
Download -> Release Notes.docx – What’s New in MDT 2010 Guide.docx
Microsoft Office Word or Word Viewer (available as a free download) can be used to view Word documents.
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 Overview
Deploy Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 with the newly released Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010. MDT is the recommended process and toolset for automating desktop and server deployment. MDT provides you with the following benefits:
- Unified tools and processes required for desktop and server deployment in a common deployment console and collection of guidance.
- Reduced deployment time and standardized desktop and server images, along with improved security and ongoing configuration management.
- Fully automated Zero Touch Installation deployments by leveraging System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 Release Candidate and Windows deployment tools. For those without a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 infrastructure, MDT leverages Windows deployment tools for Lite Touch Installation deployments.
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 – What’s New?
Improvements to the newest version of MDT allow you to:
- Access deployment shares from anywhere on the network and replicate files and settings across organizational boundaries or sites.
- Organize and manage drivers, operating systems, applications, packages, and task sequences with an improved UI.
- Automate UI functionality using the Windows PowerShell command line interface.