Adobe PDF iFilter 9 for 64-bit platforms
Adobe PDF iFilter is designed for end users or administrators who wish to index Adobe PDF documents using Microsoft indexing clients. This allows the user to easily search for text within Adobe PDF documents. In response to customer requests, Adobe is releasing Adobe PDF iFilter 9 for 64-bit platforms, which will allow searching PDF files on Microsoft Windows 64-bit platforms for applications such as Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, and Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
The following file is available for download from the Adobe Download Center:
- Adobe PDF iFilter 9 for 64-bit platforms
Adobe is releasing Adobe PDF iFilter 9 for 64-bit platforms, which will allow searching PDF files on Microsoft® Windows® 64-bit platforms.
Adobe currently bundles a 32-bit PDF iFilter with Adobe Acrobat® 9 as well as free Adobe Reader® 9 software. It uses the Microsoft iFilter interface and allows third-party indexing tools to extract text from Adobe PDF files.
Adobe PDF iFilter 9 for 64-bit platforms – Key benefits
- Integrates with existing operating systems and tools on your computer or within your company
- Provides an easy solution to search within Adobe PDF documents located on your computer, company network, and company intranet
- Greatly increases your ability to accurately locate information
Adobe PDF iFilter 9 for 64-bit platforms has been tested with following operating systems and applications.
- Windows XP x64 with Service Pack 2: Windows Desktop Search 3 and 4, Windows Indexing Service
- Windows Vista® x64 with Service Pack 1: Windows Search 4
- Windows Server® 2003 x64 Edition R2 with Service Pack 2: SharePoint Server 2007, Exchange Server 2007, Windows Desktop Search 3
- Windows Server 2008 x64 with Service Pack 1: SharePoint Server 2007, SQL Server 2005, Windows Search 4.0
Refer to the following documents to configure PDF iFilter to work with any of these applications: