Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool for Outlook 2010 64-bit available
Microsoft has released an updated version of the Time Zone Data Update Tool for the 64-bit version of Microsoft Outlook 2010.
In order to address time zone changes, this tool will help adjust calendar items in Outlook after the operating system has been updated with new time zone definitions. This tool can be used for general adjustments of calendar items based on changes in time zone definitions saved in Windows or by the user making a permanent move to another time zone.
Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool for Outlook 2010 64-bit is now available as a free Download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Time Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 64-bit
This tool adjusts Microsoft Office Outlook calendar items when there has been a change in time zone definitions or if the user is making a permanent move to another time zone.
Download -> OutlookTimeZoneMove.exe
The Time Zone Data Updated Tool 3.0 includes the following changes:
- Ability for the user to access and run the tool from the Windows Start menu.
- All the hotfixes that were made to the Time Zone Data Update Tool 2.0.
- Key fixes, most notably those that allow for more accurate updates in Israel, Iraq, Brazil, and Latin America.
- In existing recurring appointments, Outlook has encoded the current DST rules. Instances of recurring appointments that occur during the delta period will appear one hour earlier than they should.
- For existing single-instance appointments and reminders, Outlook already calculated the universal time coordinate (UTC) value upon appointment creation: If a user creates an appointment while Windows is configured for the old DST rules and the appointment itself occurs during the "new" DST weeks, the appointment will appear one hour earlier than it should.
- Existing all-day events are associated with 24 specific hours instead of a given date: For the reasons described above, all-day events will appear to shift and thus span two days during the "new" DST weeks.
For addtional information about the time zone changes and Microsoft Office Outlook, refer to the Addressing daylight saving time using the Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool Support article.