IIS Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Toolkit 1.0 Beta 1 is now available
Microsoft has released a Beta of IIS Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Toolkit 1.0 for x86 and x64-based systems.
The IIS Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Toolkit helps Web developers, hosting providers, and Web server administrators to improve their Web site’s relevance in search results by recommending how to make the site content more search engine-friendly. The IIS Search Engine Optimization Toolkit 1.0 Beta can be installed with the Web Platform Installer 2.0 for use with IIS 7.0 and IIS 7.5.
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
The IIS Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Toolkit includes three modules that integrate with IIS Manager: Site Analysis Module, Robots Exclusion Module, and Sitemaps and Site Indexes Module.
Site Analysis Module
- The Site Analysis module suggests changes that can help improve the volume and quality of traffic to your Web site from search engines. Site Analysis allows users to analyze local and external Web sites with the purpose of optimizing the site´s content, structure, and URLs for search engine crawlers.
- Fully featured crawl engine named "iisbot"
- View detailed summary of Web site analysis results through a rich dashboard.
- Feature rich Query Builder interface exposing large amounts of data.
- Quick access to common tasks.
- Display of detailed information for each URL.
- View detailed route analysis showing unique routes to better understand the way search engines reach your content.
Robots Exclusion Module
- The Robots Exclusion module makes it easier to control and restrict the content that search engines index and display. Robots Exclusion enables Web site owners to manage the robots.txt file from within the IIS Manager interface. This file is used to control the indexing of specified URLs, by disallowing search engine crawlers from accessing them.
- Display of robots content in a friendly user interface.
- Support for filtering, grouping, and sorting.
- Ability to add "disallow" and "allow" paths using a physical view of your Web site.
- Ability to add "disallow" and "allow" paths using a logical view of your Web site from the result of site analysis processing.
- Ability to add sitemap locations.
Sitemaps and Site Indexes Module
- The Sitemaps and Site Indexes module can help inform search engines about locations that are available for indexing. Sitemaps and Site Indexes enables Web site owners to manage the sitemap files and sitemap indexes on the site, application, and folder level to help keep search engines up to date, including the most important URLs listed and ranked in the sitemap.xml file.
- Display of sitemaps and sitemap index files in a simple user interface.
- Support for grouping and sorting.
- Ability to add/edit/remove sitemap and sitemap index files.
- Ability to add new URL’s to sitemap and sitemap index files using a physical view of your Web site.
- Ability to add new URL’s to sitemap and sitemap index files using a logical view of your Web site from the result of site analysis processing.
- Ability to register a sitemap or sitemap index into the robots exclusion file.
Diesen Artikel auf Twitter, Facebook oder Google+ weiterempfehlen
|Artikel auf Twitter empfehlen
||Artikel auf Google+ empfehlen
||Artikel auf Facebook empfehlen