IIS Media Pack 1.0 is now available as a free Download
IIS Media Pack 1.0 provides media-specific extensions that make delivering media from IIS simple, and cost-effective. Building on the security, reliability and manageability of IIS 7.0, IIS Media Pack protects media assets as it increases scalability by supporting more concurrent users per server. IIS supports all media file types, including WMV, FLV, and MP4, and provides a great way to use your existing Web infrastructure to deliver compelling rich media content to clients such as Microsoft Silverlight.
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
With IIS 7.0 and IIS Media Pack 1.0, you can:
- Save bandwidth costs by throttling the speed at which content is downloaded
- Decrease network traffic by metering your media deliveries
- Monetize media assets with Web playlists that personalize content and prevent ad skipping
- Intelligently deliver multiple media formats from a single server, including .wmv, .flv, and .mp4 files
Requirements to install and use IIS Media Pack 1.0:
- You must have administrative privileges on the PC
- Internet Information Services 7.0 must be installed; on Windows Server 2008, use Server Manager / Add Roles to install the Web Server role.