Deploy Multilanguage Packs for Microsoft Office 2010 [Updated]
An updated version of the Deploy Multilanguage Packs for Microsoft Office 2010 Model is now available for download from the Microsoft Download Center.
This model describes and illustrates how to deploy multilanguage packs for Microsoft Office 2010. Elements include evaluation criteria, planning considerations, and deployment tasks.
This model is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Language pack options for Office 2010
Office 2010 Multi-language pack
- The Office 2010 Multi-Language Pack contains all of the single language packs for the Office 2010, in addition to the Office 2010 Proofing Tools Kit.
Office 2010 Language pack
- Microsoft Office 2010 Language Packs have the files to install an individual language plus the associated companion languages and the proofing tools for the companion languages.
Office 2010 Proofing tools
- Microsoft Office 2010 Proofing Tool Kit for allow users to edit documents in more than 50 languages. Depending on the language, these editing tools might include spelling and grammar checkers, thesauruses, and hyphenators. Proofing tools might also include language-specific editing features such as Language AutoDetect, AutoSummarize, and Intelligent AutoCorrect.
- The Office Proofing Tools Kit 2010 contains all proofing tools for all languages. Office 2010 Language Packs include proofing tools for companion languages. For example, when you deploy the English version of an Office product, users receive Proofing Tools for both Spanish and French in addition to English.
- Depending on the number of user interface languages you want to deploy and the included companion languages, single language packs might provide all of the Proofing Tools you need.
Office Language Interface Pack (LIP)
- The Office Language Interface Pack (LIP) provides a limited translated version of the Office interface. User assistance or help (F1) is not translated into the LIP language: It will always remain in the language of your original Office installation. In most cases, the Office LIP contains a spelling checker for the language. Once you install the LIP you can switch the language from your base language version of Office to the language of the LIP you installed through Microsoft Office Language settings.
- To edit the Visio version of the model, you must have Microsoft Visio 2010 or Microsoft Office Visio 2007. You can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer and the Visio 2010 Viewer to view the model.
- To view the PDF version of the model, you must have a PDF viewer, such as Adobe Reader.
- To view the XPS version of the model, you must have Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP with .NET Framework 3.0, or XPS Essentials Pack.